You’re the apple of his eye. He’s the deserving owner of a mug that says “World’s Best Dad.” You and your pops, you’re pretty sure, deserve mention among other famous father-son duos such as Kirk and Michael Douglas and our 41st and 43rd presidents.
- Go fish: It’s you, your dad, a boat, and his lucky fishing lures. Actually hooking your dinner is optional.
- Hit the links: Or the batting cage, or the basketball court. Whatever the game, sports have a way of bringing fathers and sons together (just go easy on your old dad and let him win every so often).
- Tackle a project: Fathers seem to know everything, whether it’s rewiring the house or whittling, or just sorting through the stamp collection. Today’s the chance for him to pass on that knowledge.
- Root for the home team: Ditch the couch and catch the game live, in the fresh air.
- Fire up the grill: At the end of the day, what’s better than meat and fire and father and son?